Home is a sacred, mythic place, even for non-religious people.We believe that is or should be a special space that should not be violated. This is my place, where I can close the door on chaos and find some kind of cosmos, peace, assurance of purpose.
“This is mine; here I belong.”
And now you need to move.
A new stage of life,
A new financial reality,
A new opportunity.
Your home must become a commodity on the supply& demand housing market.
The first thing you need to do in order to prepare your home for sale, is to prepare yourself.
This can be an amazing spiritual/emotional exercise:
- An exercise in letting go
- An exercise in trust.
- An opportunity to simplify your life and divest yourself of the weight of excess material possessions, keeping only those things you really love or really need.
- A time to consciously examine what you really want your life to look like.
- Use the experience of moving to create the life you really want.
- Write about it. Picture it. Act on it. Act as if…
- Before your put your home on the market you need to emotional and spiritually move on to creating your new life.
- It is necessary for you to emotionally detach from your home in order to treat it as a commodity on the housing market – your largest financial asset.
- Educate yourself about the current housing market.
- Learn the difference between your home’s Value to Owner and the Market Value.
- Your Realtor will show you the latest comparable sales in your neighbourhood as well listing prices of other homes that are your direct competition.
- While you detach emotionally, you also need to create an environment that others will emotional connect with. You need to move out before they can move in.